
Commenting on Clothes
1. It is really attractive.
这很吸引人。
2. She always dresses well.
她穿着总是很考究。
3. I love your blouse; it does perfectly match with your skirt.
我喜欢你的上衣。它配你的裙子真是无可挑剔。
4. You look terrific in this sports suit.
你穿上这身运动装真是棒极了。
5. They are nice, but a little bit too girlish.
是不错,但是看起来太小女孩气了。
6. You look nice in that dress, it is becoming on you.
你穿这件衣服真好看,跟人很相配。
7. This colorful boucle wool dress really flatters your nice figure.
这条颜色丰富、结子花式的羊毛裙把你的身材衬托得恰到好处。
8. How come Lena looks so old?
莉娜怎么看起来这么老气?
9. It’s because she always wears dark and old fashioned clothes.
因为她老是穿暗色系和过时的服装。
10. Martha looks bright today!
玛莎今天看起来很亮丽。
11. You look good in leather.
你穿皮制的衣服很好看。
12. It is cool to wear a sarong.
穿纱笼好酷喔!
13. You look marvelous with this nice dress.
你穿上这条裙子气度不凡。
14. It’s rather showy. The plainer color would be better.
太耀眼了,颜色浅一点可能会更好。
15. I’m afraid it won’t wash.
恐怕这种面料不好洗。
16. She buys what suits her, that’s why she looks good and spends little.
她只买适合自己的,这就是她看起来很不错,花费又小的原因。
17. She likes to dress casually.
她喜欢轻便的着装。
18. Look at my new sweater, it has shrunk already.
你看我的新毛衣,已经缩水了。
19. This silk shirt feels rather smooth.
这件真丝衬衣摸上去很光滑。
20. Bright colors really make people appear more energetic and much younger.
到底还是明亮色彩的衣服让人看起来比较有活力和年轻。
Dialogue 1
A: What a nice dress. You look marvelous.
你的套裙好漂亮。你看起来气度非凡。
B: You too. Where did you get your new hat?
你也一样。在哪儿买的新帽子?
A: From Friendship Store.
友谊商店。
B: Oh, what a lovely earrings you have. Are they diamond?
多可爱的耳环。是钻石的吗?
A:Yes. It’s a birthday present from my husband.
是的。是丈夫送我的生日礼物。
B:Well, you are lucky to have such a considerate husband. Mine hasn’t bought me a single rose since we married.
你多幸运啊,有这么体贴的丈夫。结婚后,我丈夫连一枝玫瑰也没有给我买过。
A:Look at that woman with the white chiffon. She looks really marvelous.
看那个穿白色薄纱的女士,她看起来才真正是气度非凡。
B: She is chic, isn’t she?
她很时髦,不是吗?
A: Yes. I like the dress, it must be the latest fashion.
是的。我喜欢她穿的套裙。这肯定是最新款的。
B: I quite agree with you.
我很同意。
A: But you are quite slim. You have a fabulous figure.
但是你也很苗条,有让人惊叹的身材。
B:Thanks. I am flattered.
谢谢。过奖了。
Dialogue 2
A: Mary looks bright today!
玛丽今天看起来很漂亮。
B: I think her stripe shirt does the job.
我想是她的条纹衫发挥的作用。
A: Yes. She usually looks very old.
是呀,平时她总是看起来很老气。
B: It’s because she always wears dark and old fashioned clothes.
那时因为她老是穿暗色系和过时了的衣服。
A: Right. Bright colors really make people appear more energetic and much younger.
是呀,到底还是明亮色彩的衣服让人看起来比较有活力和年轻。
B: In terms of wearing, we’d better learn from Jessie. She always looks graceful, but she never spends much money on designer brands.
说到穿衣,我们应该多向杰西学学。她看起来总是很优雅,可她却从不在设计师品牌上花费太多。
A: She buys what suits her, that’s why she looks good and spends little.
她只买适合自己的,这就是她看起来很不错,花费又小的原因。
Vocabulary
amazing adj. 太棒了
attractive adj. 有魅力的
beautiful adj. 漂亮的
becoming adj. 合适的
charming adj. 迷人的
comfortable adj. 舒适的
cut-offs n. 牛仔短裤
dress well 穿着考究
durable adj. 耐穿的
elegant adj. 高雅
fashionable adj. 时髦的
flannel n. 法兰绒
latest adj. 最新的
marvelous adj. 非凡的
match v. 匹配的
sarong n. 布裙
showy adj. 炫耀的,华丽的
slack n. 宽松裤
terriffic adj. 很棒的
