1.我该去上学了。
It is (high/about) time I went to school. 或It is (high) time I should go to school.
2.这是我第一次来这儿。
This/It is the first time that I have been here.
3.我宁愿让你明天来。
I would rather you came here tomorrow.
I would rather you had come yesterday.
4.你宁愿让谁写那篇文章?
Whom would you rather have write the article?
5.虽然他是一个孩子,但懂得很多。
Child as he is, he knows a lot.
6.由于有许多问题要解决,新总统过得很艰难。
With a lot of problems to settle, the new president is having a hard time.
随着时间的推移,他意识到了自己的错误。With time going on, he realized his mistake.
由于工作完成了,我们都回家了。With the work finished, we all went home.
7.你想象不到我找你的地址所遇到的困难。
You can’t imagine the difficulty I had finding your address.
8.我正要外出,就在这时电话铃响了。
I was about to go out / on the point of gong out when the telephone rang.
我们正上着英语课,这时灯突然灭了。
We were having an English class when suddenly the light went out.
我们还没有走出多远,就在这时天开始下起雨来。
We hadn’t walked far when it began to rain.
9.由于没有收到他的回信,我决定再写一封。
Not having received his reply, I decided to write again.
10.人们认为是贝尔发明了电话。
Bell is considered to have invented the telephone.
11.我非常赞同。I can’t agree more.
12.视情况而定。That/It depends.
13.是什么事让你忧虑?(强调句)
What was it that worried you?
14. (现在)我希望有一辆自己的车。
I wish that I had a car of my own.
(将来)我希望有一天去上大学。
I wish that I would go to college one day.
(过去)我多希望我昨天同你一起去看电影啊!
How I wish I had gone to the cinema with you yesterday!
15.他建议那个被提到的人应该关进大牢。
He suggested that the man referred to be put in prison.
16.他对成功充满信心。He is sure of his success.
(我认为)他一定会来的。He is sure to come.
17.他一定会取得重大发现的。
It is certain that he will make a great discovery.
18.我突然想起期末考试临近了。
It occurred to me that the final exam was drawing near.
19.他碰巧出去了。
It happened/chanced that he was out.
20.他不但聪明,而且勤奋。
Not only is he clever, but also he works hard.
21.只有用这种方法你才能算出这到题。
Only in this way can you work out the problem.
22.我们市南有一条铁路。
South of our city lies a railway. (方位副词放在句首时,主谓完全倒装)
23.关键是工作能力而不是你来自哪儿。
It is the ability to do the job that matters rather than where you come from.
24.(做某事)没必要/毫无疑问/无意义/希望 (该句型用there而不用it)
There is no need/doubt/point/sense/hope…
25.我是第一位只身一人去南极的女性。
I was the first woman to travel alone to the South Pole.
26.明年要建的大楼是实验楼
The building to be built next year will be our lab building.。
现在正建的大楼是我们的办公楼。
The building being built now is our office building.
去年建的大楼用作了图书馆。
The building built last year is used as a library.
27.他没来的原因是他病了。
The reason why he didn’t come is that he was ill.
28.我宁死不屈。
I would die rather than give in.
我愿呆在家,不愿去看电影。
I prefer to stay at home rather than go to the movie.
29.三小时后他回来了。
It was three hours before he came back.
不久我们就会再见面的。
It won’t be long before we meet again.
30.我第一次见她时,她正在摘苹果。
The first time I met her, she was picking apples.
上次我们见面时,大部分的话是我说的。
The last time we met, I did most of the talking.
31.就他的年龄而言,他的力气是很大了。 He is very strong for his age.
32.这本书很值得一读。The book is well worth reading.
The book is worthy to be read (of being read).
It is worthwhile reading / to read the book..
33.这种纸容易撕破。This kind of paper tears easily.
这顶帽子戴着很舒服The cap wears comfortably.。
34.大火蔓延很快,但大家都成功地逃离了。
The fire spread quickly but everyone was able to escape. (不能换could)
35.农民占中国人口的大多数。
Peasants make up the majority of the population of China.
36.他们边喝茶,边愉快地交谈。They had a pleasant talk over a cup of tea.
37.不管花多少钱,我都要给你买一辆自行车。
I will buy a bike for you no matter how much it takes. (可换成however much)
38.聪明但不勤奋,Mike也是。
Tom is clever but doesn’t work hard, so it is with Mike. Tom
39.既然你要做,尽最大努力去做。If you do it at all, do your best.
40.象他这样的老人可能很健忘。An old man like him can be very forgetful.
41.这就是Spielberg的事业真正腾飞的时刻。
This was the moment when Spielberg’s career really took off.
42.他把他的成功和快乐归功与妻子和孩子。
He owes much of his success and happiness to his wife and children.
43.我应该受责备。I am to blame.
44.所有的工人都按小时付工资。All the workers get paid by the hour.
45.除了躺下睡觉,他别无选择。He had no choice/alternative but /other than to lie down and sleep.
46.我只得等待。 All /What I have to do is wait. (wait前省略了to)
47.这个球是那个的三倍大。
This ball is three times the size of that one. /This ball is three times as big as that one.
This ball is three times bigger than that one.
老鼠能吃三倍于它的体重。The mouse can eat three times its weight.
48.你去不去无所谓。Whether you will go or not makes no difference.
49.如果昨天你来了,你就见着他了。(与过去相反的虚拟语气)
If you had come yesterday, you would have met him.
如果没有考试,我们在学校会过得更加快乐。(与现在相反的虚拟语气)
If there were no exams, we should have a much happier time at school.
如果明天下雨,我们的会议将要推迟。
If it rained / were to rain / should rain tomorrow, our meeting would be put off.
50.和很多人相比,她真的很幸运。
Compared to / In comparison with many people, she was really very fortunate.
和其他男孩子一样,Tom 也喜欢踢足球。
In common with other boys, Tom also likes playing football.
51.先生,你有衣服要洗吗?Sir, do you have any clothes to be washed?
先生,我想称一下这个包裹。Sir, I want to have the parcel weighed.
52.他一定是昨天被解雇的,是吧?He must have been fired yesterday, wasn’t he?
53.我要是同你们一起去就好了!If only I had gone with you!
54.无论谁想进入房间都必须回答这个问题。
Whoever(Anyone who) wants to enter the room must answer the question.
55.有志者,事竞成。Where there is a will, there is a way.
While reading, I often make a mark where I have any question.(地点状语从句)
56.我们要尽最大努力去拯救我们的城市。We’ll do everything we can to save our city.
57.你应该花尽可能多的时间提高你的英语。
You should spend as much time as you can improving your English.
58.我买不起那辆车。I can’t afford (to buy) that car.
59.虽然我承认这些问题难,但我不认同它们不能解决。
While I admit that the problems are difficult, I don’t agree that they can’t be solved.
60.这是一个难以忘怀的时刻,我们将永远记住它。
This is an unforgettable moment, one we should always remember.
61.决心是一种品质,它是做好一切事情所必须的。
Determination is a kind of quality. It is what it takes to do everything well.
62.他的努力得到回报。His effort paid off.
63.情况进展良好,我与一位漂亮女孩定了婚。
Things were going rather well and I had got engaged to a very nice girl.
.我真没想到这个镇里还有这么好的宾馆。
I never dreamed of there being such a good hotel in this town.
天太晚了,没有公共汽车了。It was too late for there to be any buses.
由于没有公共汽车了,我们不得不步行回家。There being no buses, we had to walk home.
我们期待有机会到国外学习。We expect there to be a chance to study abroad.
65.后来证明有两个游客丧生。It turned out that two travelers had been killed.
66.在我心中,没有人能比得上他。Nobody can match him in my heart.
67.他们抢了老人的钱。They robbed the old man of his money.
68.请随时通知我所发生的事情。Please keep me well informed of what is happening.
69.孩子们对电脑游戏上了瘾。The children are addicted to computer games.
70.全体同学都尊敬这位老师。Everybody in the class looks up to the teacher.
71.我难以想象Peter在5天里穿越大西洋的情形。
I can hardly imagine Peter sailing across the Atlantic Ocean in five days.
72.解决问题的关键是满足顾客提出的要求。
The key to solving the problem is to meet the demand made by the customers.
73.如果你方便的话,请来接我一下。If it is convenient for/to you, please pick me up.
74.他的勇气给我们留下深刻的印象。
He impressed us with his courage=He impressed his courage on us.
75.空气对于我们犹如水之于鱼。Air is to us what water is to fish.
76.这些建筑在空闲了多年之后被推倒了。
These buildings are pulled down after having stood empty without use for many years.
77.我们一到家,天就开始下雨了。Hardly had we got home when it began to rain.
78.捕杀野生动物是禁止的。The killing of wild life is forbidden.
79.老师不在时,约翰负责。In the absence of the teacher, John will be in charge.
80.许多专家指出体育锻炼直接有助于身体健康。
Many experts point out that physical exercise contributes directly to a person's physical fitness.
81.不管下不下雨,我都要按时出席大会。
Whether it rains or not, I will go to attend the conference on time.
82.珍真的不知道她的钱在什么地方被偷了。
Jane really doesn't know where it was that she had her money stolen.
83.再努力点,问题就解决了。A bit more efforts, and the problems could be settled.
84.油不容易洗掉。Oil won't wash out easily.
85.更多的了解了人体,科学家和医生将能治愈更多的疾病。
With a better understanding of the human body, scientists and physicians will be able to cure more diseases.
86.你看得越多,就越不喜欢它。You like it less the more you look at it.
他等得越久就越生气。The longer he waited, the angrier he became.
87.谢谢你不辞劳苦的帮我。Thank you for the trouble (that) you took to help me.
我不想麻烦你沏茶。I don’t want to put you to the trouble of making tea.
88.我向爸爸要钱,但他一点儿都没有了。I asked Dad for money, but he had none left.
.这不关你的事。It’s none of your business.
90.我从报纸上获悉你公司需要一位秘书。
I learned from the newspaper that a secretary is needed in your company.
91.请把门关上,好吗?Will you be so kind as to close the door? Will you be kind enough to close the door?
92.要不是有你的帮助,我就不会成功。
If it had not been for / But for your help, I wouldn’t have succeeded.
93.过马路时越小心越好。You can’t be too careful when crossing the street.
94.他未能按时到达。He failed to arrive on time.
95.一到达,他们就开始工作。On arriving there, they got down to work. (On their arrival…)
96.我们的学校需要改善。Our school needs/wants/requires improving.
97.他连英语都会讲,更不要说中文了。
He can speak English, to say nothing of / not to speak of / let alone Chinese.
98.我不得不做。I can’t help doing it.= I can’t help/choose but do it. = I can’t but do it.
99.他想出的那个制止污染的方法是很好的。The way he thought of to stop pollution is very good.
100.你认为他发生了什么事。What do you think has happened to him?
101.他可以说是一位作家。He is something of a writer.
他决不是一位作家。He is anything but a writer.
102.到会的部分是科学家。Those present at the meeting are mostly scientists.
103.我服不住这儿的食品。The food here doesn’t agree with me.
104.人与动物的不同之处在于他们能把语言用作交流的工具。
Human beings are different from animals in that they can use language as a tool to communicate.
105.我期盼的那一天终于到来了。The day I looked forward to came at last..
106.与其说她害怕,不如说她害羞。She is more shy than afraid.
107.到他回来的时候为止,我们将已经完成了工作。
By the time he comes back, we will have finished the work.
108.他养成了早起的习惯。He makes it a rule to get up early.
109.他表明他不久就要离职。He made it clear that he would leave office soon.
110.在过去十年里我们家乡发生了很大变化。
Great changes have taken place in my hometown in the last ten years.
111.我看见许多老师坐在教室后面。I saw many teachers seated at the back of the classroom.
112.你怀疑他能达到目标吗?Do you doubt that he can achieve his goal?
113.通过书本学到的东西不像通过经验学到的东西对我们有同样深刻的影响。
What is learned in books can’t have the same deep effect on us as what is learned through experience.
114.我们应该关心别人以致于我们学校总是充满着关爱。
We are supposed to care for others so that our school is filled with love all the time.
115.学生对选修课十分感兴趣。Students take great interest in the optional course.
116.我使劲推了几下门,但它没开。I pushed the door hard several times, but it wouldn’t open.
117.绿色产品越来越受到欢迎,因为它们环保。
Green products are becoming more and more popular because they are environmentally friendly.
118.众所周知,是亚洲金融中心之一。
As is known to us all, Hong Kong is one of the financial centers of Asia.
119.别以为你父母养你一辈子是天经地义的事。
Don't take it for granted that your parents should support you all your life.
120.一方面,这双鞋子并不适合你;另一方面,这太贵了.
For one thing, these shoes don't suit you. For another, they are too expensive.
121.在我看来,"疯狂英语"是学习英语最有效的方法.
From my point of view, Crazy English is the most effective way to learn English.
122.我很高兴有机会站在这里为你们演讲。
I am very pleased to have this opportunity to stand here and give you a speech.
123.说到教育,大部分人认为其是一个终生的学习。
When it comes to education, the majority of people believe that education is a lifetime study.
124.能成为这个队的一员我深感荣幸。 I feel very honored to be a member of this team.
125.首先,让我们讨论一下我们需要多少资金。
To start with, let's talk about how much money we need.
126.你跟我撒谎是什么意思? What do you mean by telling me a lie?
127.与其说他是一位学者,不如说是一位作家。He is not so much a scholar as a writer.
128.1949年新中国成立。 1949 saw the founding of New China.
129.真奇怪,他这次考试竟然没有及格。 It is strange that he should have failed in this exam.
130.一旦你开始学习英语,你应该把它学好。
Once you have begun to learn English, you should learn it well.
131.我一到家,我父亲就出去了。
My father went out immediately /directly / instantly / the moment / the instant / the minute I got home.
132.我醒得很晚,结果发现我的妻子已经上班了。
I woke up very late, only to find that my wife had gone to work.
133.俗话说得好:诚实为上策。As an old saying goes, "Honesty is the best policy."
134.飞机要不是今天7点钟就起飞了,但是受到大雾的阻隔。
The plane was to have taken off at 7 this morning, but it was held up by the heavy fog.诸暨教育网个人空间2h"F*v7rf"P
135.我本打算上周去看她,但我真是太忙了。I had planned to see her last week, but I was really too busy.
136.我出差的时候由你来照看我儿子。It’s up to you to babysit my son while I am away on business.
137.作为一名学生,我强烈支持这次活动,因为它很有意义和帮助。
As a student, I am strongly for the activity because it is very meaningful and helpful.
138.当被问起他为什么去那儿时,他说他被派去受训航空飞行。
When asked why he went there, he said he was sent there to be trained for a space flight.诸暨教育网个人空间 T:bJc]Y
139.宾馆供应一日三餐,有中西食品供你选择。
The hotel serves three meals a day and there are Chinese food and western food for you to choose from.
140.你提醒了我的事,要不是我就忘了。You reminded me of what I would otherwise have forgotten.
141.很少有乐趣能比得上大热天喝一杯冷饮的乐趣。
Few pleasures can equal that of a cold drink on a hot day.
142.尽管他们只是第一次见面,但谈起话来他们好象是多年的朋友。
Although they just met for the first time, they talked as if they had been friends for many years诸暨教育网个人空间T$wXGp7S.
143.最近你一直在忙些什么? What have you been up to recently?
144.你太粗鲁了,我不允许你再同你母亲这样说话。
You are too rude, and I won’t have you speaking to Mother like that again.
145.它也论述了一些值得我们考虑的现代社会问题。
It also deals with some modern social problems worth our consideration.
146.时间是如此珍贵,我们不能浪费它。So precious is time that we can't afford to waste it.
147.任何家长都应非常重视保持孩子在学习与玩耍的平衡
Any parents should place considerable emphasis on their children to keep the balance between play and study.
148.通过以上讨论,我们可以得出结论,为我们社会培养年轻学生是很重要的。
From what has been discussed above, we may draw the conclusion that it is important to train young students for our society.
149.我发现在公众场合作演讲对我来说很难. I find it hard for me to make a speech in public.
150.我有信心赢得这次疯狂英语演讲比赛.诸暨教育网个人空间/l;n@'F r8p.l1jGX
I have confidence in winning the Crazy English speech contest.
151.我要感谢我的家人给我的支持. I want to express my gratitude to my family for their support.
152.做这份工作对我来说确实是一个挑战,我想我会很高兴和你们一起工作的.
It's really a challenge for me to take this job, and I think I will appreciate working with you.
153.上课迟到不像吉姆的一贯作风,他把时间看作是生命中最重要的.
lt's not like Jim to be late for class. He regards time as the most important thing in life.
154.我个人认为女性在社会中发挥着越来越重要的作用.
Personally, I think that women play an increasingly important role in society now.
155.2004年4月29日上午8点钟,一次地震袭击了那个城市。
At 8 on the morning of April 29, 2004 an earthquake hit the city.
156.为了更好地了解西方文化,我们应该有丰富的英语知识。
In order to have a better understanding of western culture we should have a good knowledge of English.
157.北京动物园有100年的历史,中外文明。
The Beijing Zoo has a history of 100 years and is well-known at home and abroad.
158.随着2008北京奥运会的来临,越来越多的外国人渴望了解中国。
With the coming of 2008 Beijing Olympic Games, more and more foreigners are eager to know about China.
159.他问了我一个问题。 He asked me a question./ He asked a question of me.
160.你打算买台新打印机吗?Do you have any intention of buying a new printer?
161.他每天很早就回家,免得老婆生气。He goes home early every day for fear that his wife would be angry.
162.难怪有人说电子计算机正渐渐接管世界。No wonder people say that computers are taking over the world.
163.他们非常乐意接受邀请。They are only too delighted to accept the invitation.
1.讲一口流利的英语需要多年的刻苦训练。It took years of hard work to speak good English.
165.你知道吗?Tom最终和他的秘书结婚了。
Do you know that Tom ended up marrying his secretary?
166. 你们每个人到教学楼原址集合,快点。
Every one of you gather where the teaching building used to be. Please be quick.
167. 这是一个我们应该关注的问题。This is such a problem as we should pay attention to.
168. 汤姆举起手好像要说什么.Tom raised his hands as if (he was going)to say something.
她匆忙离开房间好像生气的样子。She left the room hurriedly as if (she was) angry.
他目不转睛的盯着那个女孩,好像第一次看见她。
He stared at the girl as if seeing her for the first time.
169.我们非常感谢老师为本我们 提供许多好书。
We are most grateful to our teacher for providing us with many books.
170.众所周知,吸烟会导致多种疾病。It is known to all that smoking can cause many diseases.
171.人们发现越来越难跟上现代科学的发展。
People find it harder and harder to keep up with the development of modern science.
172.充分利用时间并不意味着从早到晚不停地看书。
Making(To make) full use of time doesn't mean keeping(on) reading books from morning till night.
173.他在实验中多次失败,但他相信失败是成功之母。
He has failed in his experiments many times, but he believes that failure is the mother of success.
174.进入大学以后, 他对计算机很感兴趣。
After entering the university, he became interested in computer(s).
175.只要专心学习, 你一定能顺利通过考试。
So long as / If you concentrate on your studies, you'll succeed in passing the examinations.
176.越来越多的人意识到遵守交通规则的重要性。
More and more people are aware that it is important to obey the traffic rules.
177.尽管有很多困难, 我们仍将努力执行我们的计划。
In spite of many difficulties, we will do our best to carry out our plan.
178.多参加些体育锻炼,你就不那么容易感冒了。
If you take more PE exercise, you will not catch a cold so easily.
179.众所周知,成功来自勤奋,不努力则一事无成。
As we all know, success comes/results from hard work; without efforts nothing can be done/achieved.
180.你一旦养成了坏习惯,改掉它是很难的。
Once you form/get into a bad habit, it's very difficult to get rid of/get out of it.
181.上周因为生病我缺了一些课,但是我会努力赶上大家的。
Because of illness/Being sick last week, I missed some lessons, but I will try to catch up with others.
182.让我们利用这次长假去旅游。
Let's take advantage of the long vacation and made a trip to Hong Kong.
183.早睡早起有益于健康。
Going to bed early and getting up early does good to your health.
184.就我所知, 在那座小城市里购物很方便。
As far as I know,it is convenient to do shopping in that small city.
185.学生们逐渐认识到友谊胜过金钱,患难朋友才是真.朋友。
The students have come to realize that friendship is more important than money and that
a friend in need is a friend indeed.
186.我们的祖国从来没有像今天这样强大。
Never before has our country been so powerful as it is today.
187.我们将作进一步的讨论,然后再做出最终结论。
We will have a further discussion before we draw/make a final conclusion.
188.你该说刚才的所作所为向在场的人道歉。
You should apologize to the people present for what you have just done.
1.保护环境是每个公民的职责。It is the duty of every citizen to protect our environment.
190.不管天有多晚,他从不把今天的事拖到明天。
However late it is, he never puts off what must be done today till tomorrow.
191.你可以在因特网上找到这种信息。
This kind of information /The information of this kind/sort is available to you on the Internet.
192.听到2008年在北京举办奥运会的消息时,人们欣喜若狂。
People were wild with joy/overjoyed at the news that the Olympic Games would be held in Beijing in 2008.
Hearing/At the news that the Olympic Games would be held in Beijing in 2008,people were wild with joy.
After hearing the news that the Olympic Games would be held in Beijing in 2008,people were wild with joy.
193.直到被送入手术间时,他才明白遵守交通规则的重要性。
He didn't know the importance of obeying the traffic roles until he was sent into the mom of operation.
194.不在房间的时候别让灯开着。Don’t leave the light on when you are not in the room.
195.小组讨论有助于更好地理解课文。Group discussion helps (to) understand the text better.
196.由于准备充分,他在面试中一点也不紧张。
Because he was well prepared, he didn't feel nervous at all during the interview.
197.在叔叔的帮助下,汤姆写成了一首动人的诗。
With the help/aid of his uncle, Tom succeeded in writing a touching/moving poem.
198.无论风多大、雨多急,一直坚守在岗位上。
No matter how hard the rain falls and the wind blows, the police keep to their posts.
199.这款手机样式新颖、携带方面,深受年轻人的欢迎。
The mobile phone is fashionable/modern in style and convenient to carry, so it is very popular with
the young / young people/ youngsters.
200.外出旅游时务必注意保护环境,为他人着想。
Be sure to pay attention to protecting the environment and be considerate/think of others
if/when/while traveling/doing traveling.