
我最亲爱的女儿
today is your sixteenth birthday.
今天是你16岁的生日
Congratulations.
祝贺你
我送给你这本日记本 ,让你写满你的独特的想法
thoughts of your wonderful life.
对你美好生活的独特想法
It is a custom in my family
这在我的家族中是个传统
to pass on a piece of wisdom when one reaches this age.
当孩子到一定年龄的时候就把智慧传承下去
I pass it on to you as my father passed it on to me.
就像我父亲传承给我一样我也要传承给你
Amelia, courage is not the absence of fear 艾米莉亚 勇气不是不再恐惧
but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
而是要判断有比恐惧更重要的东西
勇气也许不能永远存在
but the cautious do not live at all.
但是胆怯却根本无济于事
From now on, you'll be traveling the road
从现在开始 你就要踏上征程
between who you think you are and who you can be.
在你所认为的自己和你能成为的自己中间抉择
The key is to allow youself to make the journey.
关键是要你自己踏上这个征程
I also want you to know I loved your mother very much
我也想让你知道我非常爱你的母亲
and still think of her often.
仍会常常想起她
Happy Birthday,my Mia.
生日快乐 我的米亚
All my love, your father.
给你所有的爱 父亲
公主日记经典对白
I am really no good at speechmaking.
我对演讲实在不擅长
Normally I get so nervous that I faint or run away or sometimes I even get sick.
通常我会紧张到昏倒或者跑掉有时甚至呕吐
But you really didn’t need to know that.
但是你们真的不需要知道这些
But I am not so afraid anymore.
但是我不再那么害怕了
My father helped me.
我父亲帮助了我
Earlier this evening,I had every intention of giving up my claim to the throne and my mother helped me by telling me that it was ok and by supporting me like she has for my entire life.
今晚早些时候,我还想放弃我的王位我妈妈帮助了我 告诉我没关系而且一如既往地支持我,
But,then I wondered how I’d feel after abdicating my role as princess of genovia.
但是之后我在想放弃吉诺维亚公主的头衔之后会是什么感觉
Would I feel relieved or would I feel sad?
我会感到解脱还是难过
And then I realized how many stupid times a day I use the word“I”.
然后我意识到一天之中我愚蠢地用了多少次“我”啊
In fact,probably all I ever do is think about myself .
实际上,也许我做的所有事都是只想到我自己
and how lame is that when there are 7 billion other people on the planet and,
这太差劲了,当这个星球上还有另外70亿人。。
Oh,sorry,I’m going too fast.
哦 对不起 我说的太快了
But then I thought if I cared about the other 7 billion out there instead of just me,that’s probably a much better use of my time.
但是然后我想如果我能考虑另外70亿人而不是我自己我的生活也许会更有意义
See,if I were princess of genovia,then my thoughts and the thoughts of people smarter than me would be much better heard and just maybe those thoughts could be turned into actions.
看 如果我是吉诺维亚的公主,那么我的想法和比我聪明的人的想法就能更好被接纳 也许哪些想法就有可能付诸现实
So this morning when I woke up,I was mia thermopolis.
所以今天早上我起床的时候 我是我还是米亚 瑟莫普莉斯
But now,I choose to be forevermore Amelia mignonette thermopolis renaldi ,princess of genovia
但是现在我选择永远做艾米莉亚 米格纳特 瑟莫普莉斯 瑞纳迪,吉诺维亚的公主
1.Mia: me? A princess? Shut up!
我?是个公主?闭嘴!
Queen: I beg your pardon, shut up? Nevertheless you are the princess. And I am the queen Clarisse Renaldi.
对不起?闭嘴?总之 你是公主 我是克拉利瑟 瑞纳迪女王
2.Mia: why on earth would you pick me to be your princess?
究竟为什么选我做你们的公主?
Queen: Since your father died, you are the natural heir to the throne of Geneva. That’s our law. I’m royal by marriage. You are royal by blood. You can rule.
你父亲死了之后 你是吉诺维亚王位名正言顺的继承人 我们的法律规定 的 我是因婚姻而位列皇族 你是有真正的皇室血统 你有统治权
3.Mia: Rule? Oh, no! oh, no. no, no no. now you have really got the wrong girl. I never lead anybody, not at brownies, not at camp fire girls. Queen Clarisse my expectation in life is to be invisible and I’m good at it.
统治?哦 不 不行 不行 不行 你们真的找错人了 我从来没有领导过任 何人。无论在蛋糕柜台还是在女童子军中 克拉利瑟女王 我生活的追求 就是做个透明人 我很擅长这个
艾米莉亚 我也曾经有过其它追求 即使在我最疯狂的梦中我都从来没想 到事情会这样 但你是合法的继承人 唯一的。。吉诺维亚王位继承人而且我们会接受这个挑战帮助你成为真正的公主 哦 我可以给你书看 你将要研习语言 历史 艺术 政治科学 我可以教你言谈举止 穿着打扮 都像个公主 而且 考虑到时间 我想你会发现吉诺维亚的皇宫是个很适宜居住的地方
4.Mia: live in Genovia?
住在吉诺维亚?
Queen: it’s a wonderful country! Amelia, really!
那是个很棒的国家 艾米莉亚 真的
5.Mia: whoa, whoa, just. Rewind and Freeze. I’m no princess. I’m still waiting for normal body parts to arrive. I refused to move to and rule a country. And do you want another reason? I don’t want to be a princess.
哇 哇 等等。倒回去 暂停一下 我不是什么公主 我还在等着正常的生长发育 我拒绝搬家去统治一个国家 而且。 你想听另一个原因吗?我不想做一个公主!
