
1. John sudden death was a great blow to his mother send it took her a long time to get over the grief.
译文:约翰的突然去世对他的母亲来说是一个巨大的打击,她花了很长时间才克服悲伤。
2. Unless you go by nature ,you are sure to be punished by it.
译文:如果你不遵循自然(的规律),你肯定会受到它的惩罚。
3. His heart stopped beating just when we reached the hospital.
译文:当我们到达医院时,他的心脏停止了跳动。
4. –Look! The flowers in the garden are growing lovely.
–How wish I had a small piece of ground when I could plant some flowers of my own!
译文:看!花园里的花越来越可爱了。
我多么希望我有一小块土地,当我可以种一些我自己的花!
5. His parents couldn’t get through to him on the telephone, so they decided to go to his school and see what’s wrong.
译文:他的父母不能打通电话找到他,所以他们决定去他的学校,看看有什么不对的。
6. —Mum, why do you always make me drink a cup of fresh milk every day?
—To get enough protein and nutrition as you are growing up.
译文:——妈妈,你为什么总是让我每天喝一杯新鲜的牛奶?
——要获得足够的蛋白质和营养,因为你正在成长。
7. Selecting a mobile phone for personal use is no easy task because technology is changing goes rapidly.
译文:选择一个手机为个人使用是不容易的任务,因为技术是迅速变化的。
8. With the gas cut off ,I couldn’t cook dinner.
译文:随着气体的切断,我不能做晚饭。
9. -----Would you mind if I used your dictionary?
-----Go ahead.
译文:—你介意我使用你的字典吗?
—请便吧。(可以的意思)
10. She took a glance at her watch and saw that it was already lunch time.
译文:她瞥了一眼她的手表,发现已经是午饭时间。
11. Grown-ups should be responsible for their own behavior.
译文:成年人应该对自己的行为负责。
12. By improving his learning habits a(n) average student can be a top one.
译文:通过改进他的学习习惯,一个普通的学生可以成为一个顶尖的学生。
13. When you meet with a problem ,find a way to solve it .
译文:当你遇到一个问题,找到一个方法来解决它。
14. The kitten climbed the tree and couldn’t get down .
译文:小猫爬上了树,却下不来了。
15. If you check your paper carefully ,some grammar mistakes can be avoided.
译文:如果你仔细检查你的论文,有些语法错误是可以避免的。
16. The city Zhangjiakou was extensively damaged in the earth-quake.
译文:张家口市在地震中被损坏的很严重。
17. The case contained a lot of things, including a second-hand watch .
译文:这个箱子里有(包含)很多东西,包括一个二手手表。
18. Do you enjoy listening to records? I find records are often as good as or better than an actual performance .
译文:你喜欢听唱片吗?我发现唱片往往不亚于实际演奏的性能。
19. The high school graduated 300 students this summer.
译文:今年夏天高中毕业了300名学生。
20. – I suppose you have got the post.
– You have guessed it.
译文:——我想你已经得到了这个职位。
——你已经猜到了。
21. You’re too weak . It’s good for you to have plenty of exercise.
译文:你太弱。足够的运动是对你有好处的。(good for 对……有益处)
22. We will have plenty of time to go to the railway station. Take it easy!
译文:我们有足够的时间去火车站。放轻松!
23. She was caught spitting in public and fined ten yuan on the spot.
译文:她在公共场所吐痰, 被当场罚款10元。(on the spot 立刻,当场)
24. When the bike was repaired, it looked as good as new.
译文:当自行车被修好了,它看起来和新的一样好。(跟18题一样)
25. The custom goes back to the 12th century .
译文:这种习俗可以追溯到12世纪。
26. We haven’t found the missing wallet . Let’s go through the room again .
译文:我们还没有找到丢失的钱包。让我们再次检查房间。
27. How is Mary getting on with her study?
译文:玛丽的学习怎么样? (with her study 关于她的学习)
28. We should pay more attention to generation gap ,for it has become a social problem.
译文:我们应该更加关注代沟,因为它已成为一个社会问题。
29. His father is very busy every day. He can’t help complaining of the rapid pace of modem life .
译文:他父亲每天都很忙。他不禁抱怨现代生活节奏之快。(rapid pace 快速的步伐)
30. After my mother finished cleaning up the house ,she went on read today’s newspaper.
译文:我妈妈打扫完房子后,她继续阅读今天的报纸。
